Wednesday 29 November 2017

Pregnancy diaries || Week 6 & 7 - Morning Sickness

Week 6

Worst. Week. Ever. Anti-nausea remedies are no match for my morning sickness. During the first few days of week 6, I was at work and felt horrible the entire time, but was able to keep everything down. I first noticed the sickness on Tuesday morning when I had to get up early and catch a flight to Great Barrier Island for a work meeting. Something I had been looking forward to for a while. We were in work meetings during the morning but spent the afternoon exploring the island and I felt terrible. Clutching at my wrists in a desperate attempt to try to find the anti-nausea pressure points there as we bumped along the winding roads. Come Wednesday I was bed ridden, only half of what I ate actually stayed in my stomach, and I had to eat everything twice. Once to throw up and then again to keep down. I ended up taking the next few days off work and was bed ridden right through to the end of the week. Chris was a life saver, he took on all of the cooking, cleaning and comforting as I was helpless and could hardly stay awake to watch a movie in bed. Pretty much sustained myself on toast and Weetbix. Prenatal pills are essential but I dread taking them. My relationship with food has never been stranger.

How far along?: 6 weeks
Gender?: Unknown
Maternity clothes?: Nope
Stretch marks?: No
Belly button in or out?: In
Sleep?: Sleeping most of the day
Best Moment of the week?: Seeing the beautiful views or Great Barrier Island and those few moments where I can keep my food down
Worst Moment of the week?: Being the most sick I have ever been and not understanding my own body
Miss anything?: Food in general
Movement?: No
Cravings?: No
Queasy or sick?: Yes, complete and utter sickness. Bleh!
Looking forward to?: Eating and feeling normal again
Mood/emotional state?: Sick, tired and emotional

Week 7

I am starting to understand my morning sickness a little more so can kind of prepare for it. Every morning I have a few mouth fulls of water and promptly go to the bathroom to throw it back up. Knowing this means that I can preempt it. Plus, throwing up water is a whole lot easier and less wasteful than throwing up food. Otherwise, I have been feeling nauseous all day but no toilet/bucket emergencies at work yet, although I do think some of my colleagues may be getting suspicious. I need to eat every 2 hours otherwise I feel terrible.

How far along?: 7 weeks
Gender?: Unknown
Maternity clothes?: Nope
Stretch marks?: No
Belly button in or out?: In
Sleep?: Mostly normal
Best Moment of the week?: Feeling a little more like myself
Worst Moment of the week?: Still feeling sick and having to work through it
Miss anything?: Food in general
Movement?: No
Cravings?: No
Queasy or sick?: Yes, but at least I'm functional again
Looking forward to?: Telling my family about our pregnancy
Mood/emotional state?: Tired and sick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...