If you were interested in the previous post about Bridal Makeup, here is Part 2, explaining the pros and cons of each type of eyelash beauty.
A house is framed by its garden, and your hair can frame your face.
In the same way that lashes will frame your eyes.
Few things makes you look more awake, instantly made-up, and "doe-eyed"
than a good set of dark, thick and long lashes.
Now, the following may not be your everyday beauty routine, but for those special occasions read ahead for some advise from Tammy about opening the windows to your soul.
These are applied individually to your natural lashes and last for around 2-6 weeks depending how quickly your lashes grow and will fall out as your natural lashes shed. They will not damage your natural lashes if you allow them to fall off when they are ready to do so.
- Long lasting
- Great idea if you are going on a honeymoon directly after the wedding as you’ll have gorgeous lashes for a few weeks
- Can be tailored to your desired length and volume
- Great option if you are expecting a few tears as they won’t budge once applied
- Natural looking
- More expensive option
- Need to be applied by a professional
- Need to be kept completely dry for 24-48 hours after application
- Would need to test for a reaction on sensitive eyes prior to application.
- Can take a couple of hours to be applied depending on the number of lashes
- Can get a bit gappy-looking as they start to fall out (as your natural lashes normally do)
False Strip lashes
These are applied as a strip of lashes that are glued onto your eyelid at the lashline, they are used just for that day and removed before bed.
- Variety of shapes & sizes (from natural to dramatic)
- Can be tricky to apply if doing it yourself
- Not ideal if you have watery or sensitive eyes as they can peel off at the edges.
These are applied usually as a “flare”of about 6 lashes joined together at the base. They are glued onto your eyelid at the lashline, they are also used just for that day and removed before bed.
- Variety of lengths
- Can be very tricky to apply if doing it yourself
- Not ideal if you have watery or sensitive eyes as they are only glued at one point and can fall off or twist around if not adhered well enough.
Mascara applied to natural lashes, should only be worn for that day and cleansed off before bed.
An eyelash curler is your friend, it takes second to use and will accentuate your lashes to no end, giving them more curl; making your eyes look larger and the lashes fuller.
- Accentuates natural lashes
- Great for a natural look
- Easy to apply
- Can use waterproof to combat any tears on the day
- Thickness and length are limited by your natural lashes
Everyone will have a different preference when it comes to lashes, just as everyone has different preference with the amount of makeup they feel comfortable wearing.
Personally I have found the extensions to be my favoured option when it comes to special occasions, being adhered to your natural lashes you do not have to fiddle around with them on the day, nor do you have to hope they stay on when your eyes get teary.
Erin had eyelash extensions for her wedding day, we knew that lash strips had worked well for other events but usually came un-stuck after a few hours. Her extensions were applied by a professional and she had no irritation or issues. They were applied 4 days before the wedding, so they had a chance to dry completely before applying makeup but were still nice and full on the day. They looked natural and lasted until she went back to work; as using binoculars became difficult, she removed them without trouble or loss of her natural lashes.
So don't forget to bat those big, beautiful peepers! Enhanced by whatever means you choose, and make sure you smile with your eyes too!
The most beautiful thing a woman can ever wear is confidence.
P.s If you are interested in the history of eyelashes click here
Products that were used:
The Extensions were put on by Lash Couture.
The flares are "1000 Hour Individual Lashes" in long and trimmed towards the inner eye.
The strip lashes are "1000 Hour Natural Lashes" in Envious Black