Serves: 2 large pizzas (4 individual pizza bases)
- 375g (13 oz) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 7g (1/4 oz) dried active baking yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 225ml (8 fl oz) warm water (45°C)
- Extra flour to add while kneading
- Drizzle of oil while rising
Prep:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water. Mix to form dough.
- Knead dough on a flat, floured surface for 5-10mins until a soft, non-sticky texture and elastic, add more flour as needed.
- Form dough into a ball, thinly drizzle oil over dough surface (as this stops it sticking), place in bowl at room temperature and cover with a tea towel for 1-4 hours (depending on when you plan to bake)
- Divide dough in half (this mixture makes two large pizzas) knead lightly
- On a floured surface, roll dough thinly, Prick with fork all over surface, transfer to baking tray.
- Bake at 190 C / Gas mark 5 for 12 mins, until lightly brown
- Removed from oven, add desired pizza toppings
- Put back in oven for a further 12 minutes. Cut. Eat. Enjoy