Wednesday 11 April 2018

Pregnancy diaries || Week 26 - It's Facebook official

Week 26

We had our midwife appointment this week. I am by far the heaviest I have EVER been and now the same weight as Chris. Gulp. She measured my fundal height; the length from the top of my uterus to my pelvic bone, and I am measuring at 32 weeks! No wonder so many people have been saying I am getting big. Although she said that this may be because I have a long torso and we will see how it changes over the coming weeks.

Baby is doing well and measuring just a tiny bit bigger than average. I am also feeling pretty good this week, with not too many aches and pains. Although every morning I wake up with milk stains on my PJ's and I can't seem to sleep-in any more. 5:30am - 6:30am seems to be my new wake-up time, even on weekends which is very unusual for me. Lots of movement as always.

We signed up with a new family doctors not far from our house and Chris got the DPT vaccine to help protect baby from whooping cough when she arrives. I will get mine in the next few weeks hopefully.

We have finally announced the pregnancy on Facebook this week, so all of our extended family and friends now know our news.

How far along?: 26 weeks
Gender?: Girl
Maternity clothes?: Yes and I love them.
Stretch marks?: No
Belly button in or out?: It looks like "a pair of lips" rather than an innie like it used to be
Sleep?: Some nights are good, others not so much. In general I am more tired though.
Best Moment of the week?: Announcing our news of Facebook and seeing everyone's reactions to our photos.
Worst Moment of the week?: Feeling self-conscious about my weight gain and getting told how "big" I am by everyone
Miss anything?: Being as active as I used to be
Movement?: YES! Lots of movement
Cravings?: Hot Cross Buns and chocolate (a hang over from Easter?)
Queasy or sick?:No
Looking forward to?: Feeling my baby get stronger.
Mood/emotional state?: Wonderful, for the most part I'm very happy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...