Wednesday 18 April 2018

Pregnancy diaries || Week 27 - Glucose test

Week 27

I spent most of this week sick with a cold that has been going around our office and finally got to me. It wasn't so bad considering I only needed two days off work, while other staff have been off all week, but it does make this week rather uneventful.

I had my Glucose challenge test when I was feeling well again. This was to test if I had gestational diabetes. The drink they gave me tasted like flat, syrupy lemonade. Not terrible but not particularly nice either, especially when you need to drink it within 5 minutes. Skull! Skull! Skull! I will be getting the results next week, and after my recent weight gain I'm a bit nervous to be honest. (edit: I don't have diabetes but my levels are on the higher side of normal, so midwife said to keep an eye on my diet)

My belly is hard and bulging. I am feeling the baby move all the time, especially when I am sitting down. I do wonder sometimes when she gets a chance to sleep with all that movement going on. I can see her move my belly quite dramatically when she kicks strongly, bulging in one direction or another. Most often near my right rib-cage.

Random people that come into work and attendants in shops are now confidentially asking when I am due. So I think it's pretty obvious that I am pregnant at this point, but they have more guts than me. I wouldn't ask unless the lady was practically in labour.

How far along?: 27 weeks
Gender?: Girl
Maternity clothes?: Yes and it's practically all I can wear these days
Stretch marks?: No
Belly button in or out?: Looking like "a pair of puckered lips" rather than an innie like it used to be.
Sleep?: Some nights are good, others not so much. In general I am more tired though.
Best Moment of the week?: This week was kind of average, so it would be the nice conversations my bump starts up with friendly strangers.
Worst Moment of the week?: Being sick with a cold
Miss anything?:Fitting into my old clothes, I am rather limited in what I wear these days
Movement?: YES! Lots of movement
Cravings or aversions?: Tacos! and lemon water
Queasy or sick?:No
Looking forward to?: Getting my glucose test results, fingers crossed I don't have anything to worry about.
Mood/emotional state?: Wonderful, for the most part I'm very happy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...