Wednesday 2 May 2018

Pregnancy diaries || Week 28 & 29 - First stretch marks and friends wedding

Week 28

Woohoo! Hello Third Trimester! Only 12 weeks to go! You know it's getting close when you start counting down rather than up. Random, I know, but we weighed my boobs tonight, yeah don't judge me haha. They aren't even particularly swollen at the moment but they weight 1.8kgs each! So I have 3.6 kgs of boobage to carry around with me every day! I wonder how much heavier they will get when my milk comes in.

The first of the dreaded stretch marks have started. They are faint and dark blue, I actually thought they were just veins at first. They have started on either side of my bump, near my hips. I think in generally they are determined by genetics and how big you end up getting so there's not a lot I can do about them. I will just try to stay hydrated and moisturize as much as I can, but I am kind of resigned for them to get worse. Oh well. It's only skin deep.

How far along?: 28 weeks
Gender?: Girl
Maternity clothes?: Yes and it's practically all I can wear these days
Stretch marks?: *sigh* Yes, here we go.
Belly button in or out?: It looks like "a puckered pair of lips" rather than an innie like it used to be
Sleep?: Some nights are good, others not so much. In general I am more tired though.
Best Moment of the week?: Just reaching the third trimester feels like an achievement.
Worst Moment of the week?: Getting stretch marks
Miss anything?:Fitting into my old clothes, I am rather limited in what I wear these days
Movement?: YES! Lots of movement
Cravings or aversions?: Tacos! and Lemon water
Queasy or sick?:No
Looking forward to?: Visiting family and friends next week
Mood/emotional state?: Wonderful, for the most part I'm very happy

Week 29 

We went to Taupo for ANZAC day holiday which we extended until the weekend. We spent a lot of time just hanging out with family, and going Op shopping with Mum for good second hand baby gear. We found lots of nice clothes and cloth nappies from Facebook Buy, Swap, Sell and got some pretty awesome deals. I'm not the biggest fan of pink, but as we scored such good deals on the bits and pieces we found I don't mind that her wardrobe will consist of mostly pink for her first few months. She has the rest of her life to wear the rainbow. 

We went to our friends wedding, ate some amazing food and spent the night dancing. It was great to have a chance to talk with my "mum friends" about everything baby related. The good, the bad and the cringe worthy. We also went to Paige's (our friends baby) first birthday which was super cute. 



We came back to Auckland with a car load of pink baby gear, picked up my new prescriptions of iodine, iron and ascorbic acid (vitamin c).

My belly button is pushing out a bit further but still looks like a pair of lips are opposed to an "outie" as it hasn't "popped" yet. I still sleep quite well and can't really complain as the aches and pains aren't too bad. I mean, I did spend all evening dancing at our friends wedding (in heels) with no problems, so I count myself lucky. Every day that I feel well I count as a blessing, as everyone keeps on reminding me that now I am in the third trimester it will only get worse and that the bad symptoms may hit me at any time. So I'm living in the moment and so far enjoying it. 

How far along?: 29 weeks
Gender?: Girl
Maternity clothes?: Yes and it's practically all I can wear these days
Stretch marks?: Yes, they are gradually spreading further and getting darker
Belly button in or out?: It looks like "a pair of lips" but hasn't popped yet
Sleep?: Mostly pretty good, but I do get more tired throughout the day than I used to.
Best Moment of the week?: Spending time catching up with friends and family
Worst Moment of the week?: Seeing my stretch marks spread and knowing that I can't do anything about it.
Miss anything?: It would have been nice to enjoy a glass of champagne at the wedding
Movement?: YES! Lots of movement
Cravings or aversions?: Meat, anything meaty sounds pretty good right now
Queasy or sick?:No
Looking forward to?: Starting antenatal classes
Mood/emotional state?: Wonderful, for the most part I'm very happy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...