Wednesday 16 May 2018

Pregnancy diaries || Week 31 - Starting antenatal classes

Week 31

Early in the week I was feeling sharp "zinging" electric pain from mid bump to cervix. Are these Braxton hicks contractions or round ligament pain? Because they hurt and I don't think BH are meant to hurt. Baby is busy bopping around, moving and grooving so I can assume she is doing just fine, it's just my body that is having the hard time.

We started our first free DHB antenatal class this week, which goes for 3 hours after work (6-9pm), which is a really long time for a preggo to sit and retain information after a long work day. It was a really good experience with lots of useful information and laughter. We learnt about the labour and birth process as well as the safest way for baby to sleep and travel etc so I would highly recommend doing it. We have the second session next week.

No other symptoms this week, but my belly is growing and so are the stretch marks. At this point I am putting cocoa butter on every morning and night but I doubt that it's making any difference. *sigh*

How far along?: 31 weeks
Gender?: Girl
Maternity clothes?: Yes, dresses are my saviour! Not having a waist band cutting into your bump is the best.
Stretch marks?: Yes, all over the sides of my bump
Belly button in or out?: It looks like "a pair of lips" but hasn't popped yet
Sleep?: Mostly pretty good, but I do get more tired throughout the day than I used to.
Best Moment of the week?: Meeting all of the other expectant parents at the antenatal class
Worst Moment of the week?:Those weird zapping pains I was feeling early in the week, still don't know what it was.
Miss anything?:Summer, it's getting cold here
Movement?: YES! Lots of movement and strong kicks
Cravings?:Not really, just normal stuff
Queasy or sick?:No
Looking forward to?: Starting to buy more baby stuff
Mood/emotional state?: Wonderful, for the most part I'm very happy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...